Pfizer – Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait. That’s why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life.
We strive to provide access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regulatory Country Strategist
Job ID: 1050528
- To manage projects and product-related registration strategies in the assigned countries.
- Single point of contact for WSR-EM and PCO team on regional issues
- To ensure that regulatory documentation meet relevant regulatory requirements.
- To apply knowledge and interpretation of regulatory requirements in the assigned countries to the drug development process, including promulgation of health authority marketing authorization dossiers to enable efficient and effective registration of medicinal products consistent with the supported regions commercial objectives.
- To ensure business continuity between headquarter Product Strategists and Regulatory PCO staff.
- To build local relationships and ensure communication/clarity of regulatory timelines and strategy
- Supervise Contractors /FTE for assigned Projects.
- Apply regulatory expertise for assigned therapeutic categories/countries to enable preparation of high quality documentation and assure compliance with departmental procedures.
- Provide input to the WSR-EM regulatory strategy for the development of products in-line with business objectives, ensuring strategies are adequately reflected in relevant country plans (e.g., business development or manufacturing supply) and alignment is achieved between regulatory activities and relevant country business/commercial plans.
- Liaise with GCMC, WSR, PGS, Submissions Management, PCOs, ILG, ALIM, Cluster/Market, and any other key stakeholders to ensure the filing strategies are defined and executed and BoH requirements are met, ensuring a submission ready dossier.
- Ensure that the appropriate regulatory requirements systems and database are updated in a timely manner when changes occur in market regulations. Ensure a submission planning and forecasting tool is utilized to update timelines.
- Support all product lifecycle regulatory work, and liaise with GCMC, Submissions Management, Cluster/Market, and any other key stakeholders.
- Manage regulatory strategies and plans for assigned countries, including review of existing regulatory guidelines and relevant literature.
- Provide input to the local/regional Pfizer commercial strategic planning process as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate with Product Strategist the receipt, distribution and response to regulatory queries from target countries, in line with product role in ISR, consistent with departmental procedures and including liaison with RRT members to ensure that response targets are met.
- Manage customization and dispatch dossiers to PCOs.
- Develop detailed understanding of regulatory guidelines and technical requirements in assigned countries and ensure that WSR-EM is aware of regulatory requirements (e.g., department presentations and Regulatory Requirements database) and assist WSR EM Policy with assessing the regulatory environment and identifying relevant trends.
- Regularly follow up with PCOs on progress of registration submission and approval activities, and ensure line management are advised of progress in regulatory filings.
- Oversee and/or facilitate training of Hub activity, including improvements to WSR EM departmental processes and procedures, RRS curriculum, WSR systems and databases, and applicable Pfizer policies and procedures.
- Ensure product strategies, submission and approval time lines, and country registration requirements/guidelines are accurately captured and current in applicable systems/regulatory databases.
- Ensure notifications of proposed regulatory changes and approvals are communicated to relevant stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Participate and/or lead cross-functional project teams, to address business needs in line with WSR EM business units, Medical Departments, and County business objectives.
- Represent their countries at relevant regulatory and project teams, or interdivisional meetings, as appropriate
- Ensure that comprehensive records of communications, country requirements and regulatory status, are maintained.
- To regularly follow up progress on regulatory submissions with PCO countries.
- Contributes to the development of filing and approval goals for the region.
- Ensure systems are in place and adhered to, to optimize process efficiency with out-sourced and in-house contractors, where applicable.
Technical Skill Requirements
Competency 1.1.2. Detail / Comments (specific skills, etc.):
- Knowledge of the Regional and Global regulatory environment and how this impacts regulatory strategy and implementation.
- Understanding of regulatory agency philosophies, culture, and developing trends in the regulatory environment. Experience in preparing and submitting CTA’s, NDA’s, variations and LC submissions. Working with and influencing, opinion leaders, external organizations and PCO’s facilitating approval of submissions. Is driven to continually enhance regulatory expertise, both locally and globally.
- Knowledge of drug development practice, rules, regulations and guidelines. Familiarity with factors likely to influence the regulatory environment, including new and emerging guidelines relevant to Regional regulatory strategies and implementation plans. Maintains internal and external networks to learn in advance about new regulatory trends or changes impacting the Regulatory, Medical and overall Business strategy.
- Technical skill Technically competent to understand CMC submissions, interpret and communicate BoH requirements, and identify potential regulatory risks.
- Strategic Thinker Provides strategic contribution and anticipates what RA needs to contribute to develop and achieve business objectives. Effectively explores alternative regulatory strategies and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Communication skills Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand the message.
- Negotiation skills Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups. Can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic. Gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations. Has built a strong relationship with the local health agency and other relevant stakeholders (rKOL’s) and pro-actively manages issues with the HA’s and other key external stakeholders.
- Problem Solving
- Effectively identifies issues and challenges and works with partner groups to identify options and implement agreed upon solutions
- Detailed Orientated Can be thorough and complete with high quality.
- Project Management Can manage complex and multiple projects.
- Understanding stakeholder needs Understanding internal and external stakeholder needs to gain trust, settling differences and winning concessions without damaging relationships.
- Network and alliance building/ peer relationships Uses an informal system of external and internal contacts to facilitate and share ideas and learning. Establishes and maintains a wide range of relationships to support, guide and enable improved personal and team performance. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Is seen as a team player and is cooperative.
- Influencing Uses a range of communication styles and choosing appropriate strategies to deliver goals against a backdrop of diverse agendas, priorities and cultures.
- Team working Comfortable acting in a wide range of team roles in the wider project interest.
- Interpersonal acumen Relates well to all levels of people inside and outside the organization. Build constructive and effective relationships, uses diplomacy and tact and can diffuse high-tension situations comfortably.
- Perspective Looks toward the broadest possible view of issues/challenges and is able to project impacts to the future.
- Strong quality and compliance orientation Has an understanding of regulatory compliance issues and the potential impact of compliance related issues on meeting business objectives.
- Analytical Thinking – Can analyze large quantities of complex scientific data and synthesize this with external regulatory environmental trends into workable regulatory strategies and issue mitigation.
- Adaptability – Able to build effective working relationships and deliver results in wide range of environments and cultures.
Preferred education, experience, attributes:
- Scientific Degree. A higher Degree (Pharmacy, B.Sc) may be an advantage but is not essential.
- Appropriate Regulatory Experience – minimum 3-5 years experience
- Proven ability to manage complex regulatory or drug development issues.
- Proven ability to consistently deliver to time, cost and quality standards.
- Fluent in English – written and spoken communication skills
- Attitude: Right mindset, Outward looking, Strategically minded, Project management skills preferred
- History of delivery – country and/or regional
- Country/regional knowledge (specifically, MER, NEAR, South Africa, Maghreb).
Job Title: Compliance Control & Risk Lead
Job ID: 1051151
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department (i.e., Application Hosting Services) Finance
- The Compliance, Controls, and Risk (CCR) Lead will be responsible for providing in-market risk, compliance and control guidance around Compliance Quality monitoring activities, remediation plans, and reporting.
- The current in-scope areas for CCR function are Internal Control Over Financial Reporting (“ICOFR”), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (“SOX”), Healthcare Law Compliance (My Anti-Corruption Policy and Procedures (“MAPP”)), and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”)
- The scope of role may change to align with commercial restructuring.
- Support Finance Director and GRCC Regional Colleague to develop and maintain a strong and practical risk awareness, compliance and control culture and environment
- Provide in-market support, guidance, and consultation in collaboration with Finance Director, Business Process Owners, and Legal to:
- With market leadership, ensure process and internal control changes resulting from new or changing Corporate Financial Reporting Policies and Procedures and Corporate/ Divisional FCPA/ MAPP/ Policies and Procedures are documented in local standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Develop and maintain a central repository for local SOPs and a maintain a change management process for local SOPs based on centralized GRCC guidance and Corporate Policy #506, “Records and Information Requirements”
- Streamline and harmonize local policies, including removal of local/ divisional policies where they can be leveraged from Corporate Policies and Procedures
- Support execution and coordination of annual ICOFR/ SOX and FCPA/ MAPP risk assessment in market using centralized tools/ methodologies developed by GRCC Leadership and Regional Colleagues; analyze and summarize results of risk assessments and report results
- Provide local consultation and support with consistent guidance on ICOFR/ SOX and FCPA/ MAPP controls, best practices, monitoring and Corporate Audit trends, which includes guidance and instructions on FCPA/ MAPP/ and ICOFR/ SOX documentation and guidance/ questions related to the enabling technology requirements for FCPA/ MAPP
- Provide support and guidance to business process owners in the development, execution, and documentation of remedial actions for any deficiencies in ICOFR/ SOX or FCPA/ MAPP design or operating effectiveness or process enhancements identified through day-to-day compliance and control activities, control self-assessments, Corporate Audits, or Compliance Quality monitoring activities
- Document the ICOFR RCMs, including types of controls (key vs. secondary, preventive vs. detective, manual vs. automated) using the guidance provided by GRCC Leadership and Regional Colleagues (to the extent the BPOs and control owners need assistance)
- Organize and manage any locally required SAS70 reports (or equivalent)
- Support other risk and compliance management activities such as:
- Gathering data and performing financial reporting related to Healthcare Professional (HCP) Payment Disclosure process from Corporate
- Gathering data related to Financial Disclosure requests from Corporate Data Strategy and Reconciliation Team for “Payments of Other Sorts Search”
- Gathering data related to Financial Disclosure requests from Corporate Data Strategy and Reconciliation Team for “Data Monitoring Committee Payment Searches”
- Support the monitoring of the design and effectiveness of the remediation activity and report on its progress
- Execute Compliance Quality monitoring activities using guidance, tools, and templates provided by GRCC Leadership. Activities include:
- Coordinating and executing market internal control self assessment and certifications
- Coordinating and executing SOX 302 and 404 certifications, where applicable
- Executing analytical reviews used to identify and investigate red flags in the areas of ICOFR, FCPA/ MAPP, and T&E, which may include the identification of Key Risk Indicators (“KRIs”) and/ or Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”) that align with defined risk appetite and tolerance that can serve as dashboard mechanisms assisting with Compliance Quality monitoring and reporting, and which will ultimately allow for measurements of performance; may also include the monitoring of exceptions stemming from Oversight T&E tool
- Performing walkthroughs of key controls
- Performing sample based testing in the areas of ICOFR/ SOX, FCPA/ MAPP, and T&E to identify control deficiencies or exceptions or other red flags requiring investigation and/ or remediation
- Assist Regional Finance Leaders, Finance Directors, and Regional Colleagues with coordination and preparation of the audit process, by serving as the main point of contact with the external/ internal auditors for scheduling and logistics; communicate the list of requirements to Finance Directors, Regional Colleagues, and BPOs and inform them of any non-compliance
- Responsible for preparing annual FCPA Trend Analysis and certification. Responsible for preparing annual MAPP Trend Analysis and certification.
- Report results of Compliance Quality monitoring activities using guidance, tools, and templates provided by GRCC Leadership and Regional Colleagues, which will also be presented to local and regional management
- Execute escalation protocols designed by GRCC Leadership and Regional Colleagues for deficiencies or issues identified as a result of the execution of Compliance Quality monitoring activities
- Partner with GRCC Regional Colleague and other key stakeholders (e.g., Legal, Divisional Controllers) to facilitate the development of periodic training materials related to ICOFR/ SOX, FCPA/ MAPP Compliance Quality activities
- Perform periodic training in the market on ICOFR/ SOX, FCPA/ MAPP Compliance Quality activities, and the deployment of GRCC tools and reporting requirements
- Support the Control Automation and Continuous Control Monitoring efforts driven by the GRCC Leader and CoE
- Support global and regional compliance and control projects as appropriate
- Support other in-market activities and compliance work as appropriate
- Attend training as required
Qualifications (i.e., Preferred Education, Experience, Attributes)
- Approximately 4 – 9 years of working experience in a risk management/ control environment, including experience with risk identification, measurement and assessment, risk monitoring, reporting and escalation
- Experience working in a Internal Control Manager, Controller, Compliance and/ or Audit role
- Experience in ICOFR, SOX, FCPA
- Experience navigating a large, complex organization and managing stakeholders interests using a matrixed organization
- Strong project management skills
- Experience influencing and executing complex solutions involving multiple groups
- Experience in developing and executing training at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university; MBA / CPA preferred or other equivalent education/ certification (e.g., Chartered Accountant)
- Excellent analytical skills with a demonstrated ability in risk identification, measurement and assessment, risk monitoring, reporting and escalation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to communicate well within all levels of Pfizer
- Ability to identify business issues/ opportunities and to frame business questions
- Ability to interact with business and finance leaders across Pfizer Inc.
- Savvy with industry and Pfizer financial systems and financial reporting processes.
Technical Skills/Knowledge Requirements:
- Strong understanding of key risk areas in scope
- Knowledge of risk management, compliance and control frameworks (e.g., COSO) and concepts (e.g., risk and control identification, risk assessments, monitoring and reporting)
- Strong knowledge of Pfizer’s markets globally; strong understanding of FCPA IT systems (e.g., ACM)
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Job ID: 1051169
- The Financial Accountant position would be part of the Market/Site finance operations and the Cairo Shared Service
- This position would be responsible for General Accounting, T&E/Procure-to-pay, Order to Cash, Statutory Audit support and Compliance & Control, Tax.
- The position would report in dotted line to the finance lead in Cairo Shared Service (CSS) and Solid line to the finance lead in Market/Site.
- Ensure accurate and timely booking of Journal entries and accruals booking.
- Ensure proper filing and record management of all finance records
- Liaise with the CSS to ensure timely reconciliation and clearance of open items in Balance sheet reconciliation, Bank reconciliation and Intercompany reconciliation
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations for market owned accounts
- Ensure proper accounting and coding of Health care payments
- Collate T&E reports from market colleagues and work with CSS to ensure payment and processing. Ensure proper filling of the physical reports.
- Manage vendor relationship and process management. Work with CSS to ensure accurate processing of vendor payment and manage physical records.
- Liaise with Customer Service Group to validate Sales proof of delivery and book quarterly defer revenue.
- Liaise with commercial team to ensure proper accounting and Processing of customers discount, rebate agreement & management including deductions and payment
- Provide Returns and Deduction management, and customer & OTC Support.
- Responsible for all Tax (Company Income Tax, all Indirect Tax and Transfer pricing) planning, payment, accounting, filing and returns.
- Provide Tax audit support and executions. This will be done by liaising with the Tax Consultants.
- Provide Statutory Audit support and executions liaising with CSS and Statutory Auditors.
- Liaise with Site/Market Finance Manager to provide support on SOX / ICOFR, FCPA / GPIHP audit support for GRCC and Corporate Audit.
- FCPA/GPIGP/ Global Vet / Other Similar audit support
- Other Compliance and Control Activities support
- Nigeria Finance Lead
- All other market stakeholder ( Internal and external: KPMG, Corporate Auditors)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Analytical emphasis
- 3 years’ experience in similar position or management accounting preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Professional qualification (CIMA, CA, CPA, ACA, ACCA, etc.) an added advantage
- Strong accounting and booking skills
- Advanced computer literacy, knowledge of JDEdwards Enterprise 1 and SAP systems an added advantage
- Analytical skills and good background on data analysis
- Usage of information resources
- Strong numerical skills
Behavioural Skills and Attributtes:
- Multi-tasker with ability to work under pressure, aptitude and willingness to learn, driven to achieve, high levels of attention to detail with focus on quality and accuracy is required in this position as the incumbent will have to timeously provide data, analysis and information for management use.
- The incumbent will also require accurate data management skills to ensure that all the financial information given to internal customers is authentic and accurate.
- Planning and organising is critical in this role in order to sustain a focus on performance and delivery of key objectives while resolving client queries timeously.
Job Title: Country Brand Manager
Job ID: 1051137
Reports to: Vaccines Country Brand Lead (CBL) – South Africa
Region: West Africa Region & East Africa Region
- Collaborate with respective PIH CBLs to support development & execution of Marketing and Promotional Activities for the Pfizer Innovative Health (PIH) portfolio in West Africa and East Africa Region.
- Take the lead in adapting, executing/implementing and tracking Marketing Strategy and Tactics for the PIH portfolio with the objective of providing customer-facing colleagues with relevant materials to drive growth in the portfolio/region.
- Ensures that the strategies encompass all segments, channels and customers within the market. All under the guidance and coaching of the responsible CBLs.
Responsible for marketing management of PIH portfolio across West Africa and East Africa markets. Key accountabilities include:
- Liaising with South African and Regional marketing teams
- Develop and implement brand tactical matrix
- Brand forecasting
- Adaptation of promotional materials to support local execution
- KOL development and management
- Management of A&P spend
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Deliver on revenue and IBA of allocated brands
- Produce and review the integrity and accuracy of forecasts with respective CBLs
- Propose mitigation plans (as required) and implement, with respective CBL input
- Participate in monthly brand reviews with respective CBLs
- Work with Global Supply & Demand to input demand planning forecasts for respective brands
- Review accuracy and reduction of obsolescence with respective CBLs
- Manage expense budgets
- Realize A&P and OME budgets
- Work with respective CBLs and cross-functional colleagues to set up; monitor and track ROI of marketing expenditure and programs
Brand and Channel management, strategy and tactical plan development:
- Development/adapt local strategies, promotional campaigns and programs to maximize brand value
- Align implementation to regional and global strategies
- Work with respective CBLs to learn/upskill on the brand-planning process (iplan)
- Ensure the respective brands are managed according to life cycle requirements
- Provide accurate analysis of data for the respective brands to support proposed local strategies
- Work with respective CBLs to identify plans and implement core materials in line with tactical plans
- Utilize inputs from respective core brand teams to support development of local strategies & tactics
- Take accountability for ensuring all content, promotion materials and items for promotional purposes are approved (as required) and delivered timeously
- Review pricing with respective CBLs and make recommendations for yearly adjustments and tender opportunities, working closely with H&V
- Complete the demand planning to ensure continued stock supply to markets, avoiding stock obsolescence
Alignment across functions and stakeholder management:
- Establish effective peer relationships and strong cross-functional collaboration & communication
- Align key internal stakeholders – Medical, Marketing, Management, H&V, Regulatory, Sales etc – to drive business objectives, strategies and tactics for the respective brands
- Collaborate with Sales to roll out and drive effective execution of campaigns and programs
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with identified opinion leaders (private and public sectors)
- Vendor management
- Revenue achievement for respective brands
- Develop/localize strategy and tactical plans
- Delivery of material and content for customer facing colleagues
- Forecast and management of revenue and expenses
- Vendor management for brand specific initiatives
- Develop country Op Plan; revenue targets, brand A&P and FTE allocations
- Long-range demand forecasting with demand planning and respective CBLs
- Revenue adjustments (as needed) with Sales, Business Finance and respective CBLs
- KOL development – in conjunction with Sales and Medical
- On-boarding of new PSRs and identifying upskilling requirements with market changes
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Sciences
- Masters or MBA beneficial
- 2+ years Marketing experience preferred
- 5+ years experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
Skills and Competencies
Expect candidates to demonstrate these competencies:
- Demonstrates business acumen
- Acts decisively
- Seizes accountability
- Holds people accountable
- Leads change
- Commits to “One Pfizer”
- Builds effective teams (cross-functional)
Expect candidates to demonstrate these commercial /management competencies:
- Demonstrated track record of ability to influence others without authority
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a complex, changing environment, and the professional maturity to deal with ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills are required, as well as excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Well-organized with the ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands and effectively perform in a matrix organization
- Strategic skills, including creativity and effectiveness in identifying and addressing major strategic challenges (e.g., new competition, shifting market environment) and the ability to balance short-term needs with long-term vision for a brand
- Strategic and Operational Business/Marketing Planning:
- Data analysis, interpretation and communications
- Marketing, Customer and Competitor Insights
- Marketing Execution
- Performance and Program Metrics
- Demonstrated collaboration/negotiation
- Ability to facilitate open discussion and debate among key stakeholders and build internal and external relationships through partnering, anticipating needs, fulfilling expectations
- Exceptional prioritization –among/across brands in portfolio, resource-constrained context.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Note: When the page opens, select your preferred location from the drop down menu and click on Search e.g Select “Africa – Nigeria, then click Search”
Application Deadline 12th April, 2017.