MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Fraud Analyst (Law Enforcement Liaison)
- To monitor telecommunications services and electronic interaction for any misuse as defined by NCC and MTN policy.
- Investigate and resolve fraud incidents promptly in conformance with documented policies.
- Identify and recommend additional tools and methods that can be deployed in combating fraud.
- Identify, Investigate and report unethical conduct or breaches of business rules as regards the use and distribution of company and subscriber data information on the network.
- Collect and present appropriate evidence according to documented incident handling procedures to enable fraud prevention and detection.
- Provide input and feedback into fraud management reports.
- Carry out intelligence and trending analysis on key indicators and performance that have impact on losses through fraud; prepare and present materials on findings.
- Develop tests script to challenge existing fraud processes and make recommendations for change.
- Prepare reports in line with operational requirements (e.g. High Usage Reports).
- Log all fraud queries and resolutions into the fraud management logbook promptly.
- Oversee and coordinate all technical activities, and ensure all transaction and administrative documentation is recorded and available for business use.
- Support all Law Enforcement Agencies request for customer Event Data Record and Biometric information.
- Ensure value creation when engaging with Customer
- Identify unknown fraud, conduct behavioural patterning analysis and provide feedback to stakeholders on control development and improvement.
- Develop policies, processes and procedures to identify, control and mitigate all possible risk and security breaches.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Develop, integrate and implement solutions to identify, quantify and report all identified revenue leakages due to fraudulent activities and information system breaches and glitches.
- Provide advice and recommendations on information systems strategy, policy management, security and service delivery.
- Conduct independent reviews to ensure company’s wide controls compliance with fraud and revenue assurance practices, quality assurance and mitigate business risk.
- Support all internal customer request for customer Event Data Record and Biometric information.
- Engage/participate in development and monitoring of product life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of products
- Client engagement by reviewing URS (User Requirement Specification) with business owners (Customers) to identify, document and assess technical and fraud risks to integrated products software, hardware, Projects and data.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- Must have – First Degree in Information Technology or related (Engineering/Science/Numerate) Degree at a recognized tertiary education
- Preferable – CISA, Oracle/SQL Certification, CISCO or related system audit or governance auditing qualification
- Fluent in English.
- Experience working in a medium organization of which at least 3 years in Telecom Fraud Operations/Revenue Assurance/Data Analysis
- A good appreciation of telecommunications technology, supporting processes and Business Intelligence will be an added advantage
- Detailed investigation experience
- Risk evaluation and control implementation work experience
- Governance Legislation and regulations – NCC, Law Enforcement Agencies, King/Sarbannes Auxley/IFRS
- Desirable: Audit Qualification (CISA / CISM / CRSIC) and Project Management Accreditation (PMI / PMBOK)
- Data management and Business Intelligence training
- Standard desktop systems training – Microsoft Office applications
- Current trends in fraud detection and use of Fraud Management System
- Essential: Telephony Product and Service training
- Essential: Telephony Network and IT Systems training
- BEng, B.Sc, B.Tech or HND
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st February, 2017.