Cummins Inc. – A global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
Cummins is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager, Telecoms & Large Accounts
Req ID: 16000161
- Responsible for opportunity management which includes identifying new growth opportunities and managing new business growth for a key market segment or in a specified region or channel.
- Builds processes and procedures to understand competition and input to market lead pricing propositions for designated areas.
- Collaborates with internal business managers on business development initiatives and plans.
- Presents business development reports to leadership.
- Coaches and motivates business development staff; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates works assignments considering employee skills and development needs as required.
- Identifies department issues, problems, and opportunities to support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manages the efficient transition of converted opportunity to account support team.
- Works with sales, marketing, and product leaders to identify strategies targeting growth by participating in efforts such as strategy workshops.
- Manages the analysis, measurement, and tracking of market sales potential across assigned brands, channels, regions, products, etc.
- Champions new growth and product ideas; manages special projects that have cross regional implications.
- Market Analysis – Able to deploy local processes to attain the most critical market information required to develop a specific product/product line plan.
- Market Opportunity Prioritization – Understands strategy process, can assess projects against strategic relevance to business and works with stakeholders effectively to align work.
- Facilitating Internal Relationships & Consensus – Understands tools & techniques for group facilitation and has exercised for small groups.
- Financial Understanding – Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data from financial systems, as well as the ability to execute a business case. Knowledge of the leverage pricing has on financial results. Familiar with tax and duty structures.
- Core Competency & Capability Analysis – Has experience assessing markets against Cummins capabilities and can evaluate gap analysis and quickly turn into recommended actions.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Sales, Marketing, Technical or a related subject required.
- Significant level of relevant work experience required. Customer facing experience preferred
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply