Mines Advisory Group (MAG) saves lives and builds futures by working with others to reclaim land contaminated with the debris of conflict, to reduce the daily risk of death or injury for civilians, and to create safe and secure conditions for development. MAG shared the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize as a founding member of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines for our work to ban landmines. Our vision is a safe and secure future for men, women and children affected by armed violence and conflict.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin Manager
Overview of Role
- The Admin manager will be responsible for providing general management support to the MAG Maiduguri team.
- This will include logistics, finance, procurement, HR and general administration support
- Support the Base Manager with procurement by completing administrative duties as directed including identifying suppliers, collecting goods dispatching goods and organising transportation where required
- Ensure that logistics procedures are followed at all times including programme and HQ guidelines, including collecting quotations, preparing Purchase Request Forms and Local Purchase Orders.
- Maintain logistics records and file paperwork including purchase orders, waybills, receipts etc
- Purchase and control the storage and issues of office supplies
- Organise equipment as and when required
- Obtain quotes from local suppliers in an efficient and timely manner, adhering to MAG procurement policies
- Review payment requests and submit for authorisation
- Prepare cash payments and routine payments upon instruction
- File financial paperwork including timesheets, purchase orders, etc
- Monitor any advances given
- Collate and conduct all data processing, including data entry, preparing MAG’s payroll, producing payslips, reports etc.
- Ensure MAG complies with all statutory payments requirements and deductions
- Issue staff salary payments
- Maintain cash balance in the safe including daily cash count and ensuring sufficient cash is available
- Prepare bank reconciliation for all MAG accounts
- Complete data entry for payroll on a monthly basis
- Ensure all paperwork is filed on personnel files and all HR records and systems are kept up to date
- Draft any employee correspondence required such as new starter documentation, contractual changes etc
- Accurately collate any other information as required to assist with payroll preparation
- Support recruitment administration such as posting advertisements, logging applications, coordinating interview arrangements and assisting with the new starter processes
- Providing general administrative support to the Base Manager as required including preparing written documentation as requested, arranging minutes, filing etc.
- Previous experience in an administration role, ideally in a support services role for another NGO
- Previous experience completing logistics paperwork and record keeping
- Excellent administrative skills including ability to use MS Word and Excel
- Fluency in English, Hausa and Kanuri.
- Previous experience of procurement including identifying suppliers, conducting market surveys etc
Job Title: Community Liaison Officer
Overview of role
- Gather data, deliver risk education activities and provide support to MAG’s wider operations using community liaison and participatory approaches to assist MAG achieve its aim of mitigating the negative effects of armed violence and conflict
- Liaise with communities, traditional leaders, local authorities, NGOs, INGOs, and other relevant stakeholders to gather information that will support MAG’s operational planning using interviews, meetings, community mapping and other participatory approaches
- Carry out non-technical surveys to identify suspected or confirmed hazardous areas and produce related reports and sketch maps
- Liaise with MAG’s clearance teams to ensure all relevant information is shared prior to clearance operations
- Gather data relating to the impact of MAG’s work through relevant reports and case studies
- Deliver training and support to community focal points, leaders and/or teachers where relevant and provide follow up monitoring and support
- Contribute to the process of developing CL methodologies, materials, policies and procedures
- Work with other CL staff to design and field test CL resources as required
- Ensure that all reports are completed to a high standard and that all data is accurate and well-presented
- Contribute to the day-to-day planning of CL activities and deployments to the field
- Take due care and responsibility for all equipment issued by MAG
- Represent MAG in relevant meetings as and when required
- Adhere to all MAG policies and procedures both Technical and Administrative, including safety and security
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Community Liaison Manager or CL Team Leader.
- Gather information relating to accidents and victims of landmines, ERW or SALW and produce related reports
- Deliver risk education to targeted groups ensuring that all participants have a good understanding of risks and mitigation strategies
- Liaise with communities to support MAG’s clearance operations at all stages of the clearance process
- Previous experience of using participatory techniques to gather information in at-risk communities
- Previous experience of carrying out community-based education activities or similar
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships with a range of people
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to engage with an audience
- Good knowledge and understanding of local communities, their norms and culture
- Ability to record information accurately and clearly
Job Title: Data Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Overview of Role
Responsible for overseeing the collection of programme data and entry into the MAG database, in order to provide operational information to stakeholders on mine action related issues.
- Be the focal point for MAG Nigerias operational information
- Responsible for the maintenance of the operations database through overseeing data inputting, reports and maps
- Enter data from CL teams ad prepare CL pre-survey report
- Provide performance statistics on operations for senior managers
- Provide ad hoc data analysis and reports as directed by senior managers
- Provide training on information management and GIS to community liaison staff
- Responsible for the management and oversight of the archiving all MAG operational records/documentation
- Ensure that any errors in data entry are minimised and missing data is pursued
- Ensure the coherent and accurate management of electronic and hard copy filing using MAG Nigerias server and filing systems
- Prepare completion reports
- HND/BA/B.Sc in relevant field
- Excellent understanding of information gathering and analysis issues
- Ability to write reports
- Excellent computer skills
- Hausa, Kanuri and English language skills
- Good knowledge of GIS and IT and mapping programmes
- Proven ability to problem solve in the area of data provision and analysis
- Knowledge of CL principles and how information is gathered and used
- Please ensure the title of the position you are applying for is in the name of the title of the email and on the title of the application document.
- Applications which do not adhere to these instructions will not be reviewed.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Overview of Role
- The Finance Manager is responsible for providing strategic and operational financial leadership to the programme, to ensure the effective financial management of all funds.
- Assist in the formulation, implementation and monitoring of annual business/project plans and budgets including the provision of rolling forecasts.
- Oversee all Financial Accounting matters, including maintenance of the general ledger, balance sheet, receipts, payments and payroll requirements
- Manage the short term cash flow requirements of the programme, liaising with MAG HQ to facilitate cash transfers. Monitor and report on the effects of exchange rate fluctuations between local and contract currencies
- Ensure that the programme delivers and accounts for all activities in accordance with National, Regional and Local taxation requirements (e.g. Income Tax, Social Security, VAT, Corporation Tax etc.).
- Assist the Country Representative in ensuring that the Country is compliant with all statutory legislation, particularly with regard to company registration.
- Ensure a high level of financial control is in place across all activities (in all locations), including the development and maintenance of financial policies and procedures (tailored to the local context) to ensure compliance with Statutory, Client and MAG HQ requirements.
- Ensure transparent accounting and cost allocation systems are developed and implemented in accordance with contract and HQ requirements.
- Facilitate and provide support to all donor and internal audits in co-ordination with the Country Representative & HQ.
- Provide training to finance and non-finance staff in financial activities/areas which benefit programme delivery.
- Ensure that appropriate financial oversight and scrutiny is given to the development of new business proposals, taking into consideration statutory, client and HQ requirements.
- Provide high quality, objective scrutiny on MAG’s financial performance against contract and sub contract objectives, including the provision of periodical monitoring reports.
- Oversee the financial management of partner contracts, ensuring the partner complies with the obligations of the ‘Head Contract’.
- Oversee the production of the Country Monthly Management Information pack (including but not limited to Project Status Reports (BVA) and forecasts, Reconciliation reports including Balance Sheet, Petty Cash), together with appropriate financial/contract variance and risk reporting.
- As part of the Senior Management Team in Country to ensure business/project plan objectives are met in accordance with agreed timescales.
- Providing advice and guidance to the SMT on a range of operational and strategic Financial Management and Accounting issues and ensure that due considerations are integrated into business planning.
- Provide line management, guidance and support to the Finance team staff ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- At least 7 years’ professional work experience in finance, ideally in an international aid/development agency
- Experience of financial reporting to a range of external donors
- Experience of reporting and monitoring to tight deadlines
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Effective financial management skills
- Knowledge of finance systems and procedures
- Project management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of institutional donor requirements
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to coordinate activities
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills including Excel
- Proven ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop a team
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, be proactive and offer a solution-oriented approach
- Determined and committed to high quality standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic approach to work
- Interest in and commitment to MAG’s humanitarian mandate
- Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Internationally recognised professional accounting qualification, e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications in English with their CV’s and cover letter in the same document to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 11th March, 2017.