British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
British American Tobacco is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Account Manager
Job number: 14500BR
Appointment type: Permanent
- Within the EEMEA SCSC be the owner for the Area/Zone End Markets responsible for the implementation of the EEMEA SCSC Service strategy in line with global service strategy and EEMEA business strategy
- Drive the mid-term strategy for the nominated End Markets (EM) by ensuring that their Customer Facing Teams (CFT’s) deliver to the objectives within the End Market Account Plans and Service requirements outlined in the SLA
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for their team, drive customer focused culture in support of EEMEA business deliverables.
- Represent Operations at the Commercial Area/Zone Business reviews/ End Market Top Team meetings and or Direct reporting EM’s. Working with the Area/Zone Leadership teams to translate the Commercial plans for growth and productivity into tangible action plans for operations whilst ensuring that they are aligned and fit with the EEMEA business strategy
- On time delivery and supply of FG to achieve volume and profit targets for their respective EM’s
- Delivery of functional budget & overall Service function effectiveness
- Performance deliverables for your respective EM’s
- Conformance to SLA,
- On Time in Full (OTIF Received/Available to Clear)
- Working Capital targets (Durations and Cost),
- Contribute to the optimised EEMEA SCSC business objectives and performance by supporting the integrated SC functions
- Translate the EM’s Commercial plans for growth and productivity into operational action plans
- Complete customer account plans to manage their expectation and deliver the required service from the EEMEA SCSC to ensure the customers short and long term objectives are achieved
- Provide strategic input and insight to optimise our Cost to Serve within the EEMEA Ops Business (differentiated/segmented supply and service solutions).
- Continuously foster customer satisfaction through optimisation of the EEMEA SCSC performance
- Continuously foster supply chain performance improvement by defining and implementing actions to improve Customer Focused KPI results.
- Escalation and resolution of all queries within the designated EM’s, so that they can be resolved within an agreed time frame
- Ensure the right balance between a standardised Supply Chain approach (standard SLA’s, standard Supply Chain processes, etc.) and a segmented Supply Chain approach (fulfilling EM’s specific needs and requirements) with a clear focus on the end-to-end Supply Chain and Customer Satisfaction
- Provide operations input into EM’s annual Company Plan (e.g. Inter-company pricing and pricing rationales), continually looking at opportunities to rationalise and reduce cost for the business. Ensure the EM’s in their area of responsibility are conforming/adhering to forecast/order policy.
- Provide input and insight on behalf of EEMEA SCSC into the Commercial Area Business Review to allow informed decision making/recommendation to the Region S&OP and Regional S&I.
- Member of Area S&OP, provides inputs and recommendations for decision making by the Area S&OP
- Delivery of the business change to embed the Global Service Strategy within the scope of responsibility
- Responsible for their functional teams, (account management and service team) within the EEMEA SCSC to deliver high customer satisfaction, and conformance to customer (EM’s) SLA’s
- Achieves high performance by coaching and motivating people, valuing different approaches and visibly supporting team decisions whilst maximizing individual and team capabilities
- Cascade of business brief and EEMEA SCSC meeting outcomes to their Area Teams on a monthly basis
- Ensure full cross-functional commitment to Service strategies and initiatives through communication, education/awareness.
- Create a cohesive and high-performing team with a clear end-to-end Supply Chain Approach through appropriate team building activities and training
- Challenging the status quo and act as catalyst for new ideas to deliver a competitive advantage.
- Responsible for managing the demand planning for Finished Goods (and CRT) in their EM’s.
- Ensuring raw materials to finish product is achieved in the most flexible, cost effective and efficient way practicable, whilst satisfying EM and business needs.
- Ensure EM demand volume variances are accurately recorded and accounted
- Responsible for ensuring the EM’s in their Area are conforming/adhering to forecast/order policy. Understand order cycle trends and analyse the data to work with the EM to improve the quality of input
- Capture and handle, using Account Management Tools (issue log) all Area concerns, improvement plans and/or objectives at an above Area level. Review KPI’s/performance with root cause analysis – ensure action plans to drive continuous improvement
- Lead customer satisfaction for designated EM’s and ensure action plans are implemented to improve satisfaction (measured against global/regional and local KPI’s)
- Participate in the Cluster / Demand Review meeting as part of the S&OP process (consolidate and evaluate KPI’s, initiate short and long term improvement plans, analysis of End Market volume variations and sensitivities, etc.) to provide a valid input in the EEMEA SCSC and Area S&OP meetings
- Participate in the Area Demand Review meeting as part of the S&OP process (consolidate and evaluate KPI’s, initiate short and long term improvement plans, analyse of the End Market volume variations and sensitivities) to provide an accurate and valid input in the S&OP Process.
Develop a strong partnership with the EM’s by:
- Managing and understanding the EM’s expectations, strategic direction, decision makers, influencers, potential stumbling blocks etc.
- Monthly visits to Key Accounts and interaction with EM’s senior team (GM’s + Leadership Team
- Support the CFT to ensure full EEMEA SCSC commitment to Service Strategy and initiatives through communication and education/awareness
- Support development and improvement of customer focused KPIs reporting and performance, to achieve EEMEA SCSC and End Market targets, ensuring that performance is measured and reported in a way that demonstrates commercial and competitive advantage
- Ensure ongoing adherence and alignment to the EEMEA Regional Service strategy
- Ensure that joint development plans across your End Markets are receiving the necessary focus, support and resources, and that the expectations are aligned to EEMEA SCSC (Operations) strategy
- Translate Area and EM’s requirements in a way that can be effectively met and not constrained by the current ways of working/set-up Identify any constraints and recommend the optimal way to meet the customer requirements. E.g. Giving Customers greater visibility of their orders within the Supply Chain, and giving Service teams improved visibility and ownership across the customer base, improved customer issue logging and resolution
- Strong leadership skills, with previous experience of successfully leading teams of managers
- At least 4-6 years’ experience at management level in a FMCG company, managing customer relationships and or demand management processes
- Good analytical and planning skills
- Influential and convincing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong cultural awareness
- Educated to degree level needed
- Strategic thinking, can absorb complex issues and opportunities to be able to contribute to the overall strategy balancing pro’s and con’s in several environments
- Proven Customer engagement skills
- Profound Supply Chain Knowledge
- Knowledge of French language
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st February, 2017.
Job Title: Executive Assistant & Area Records Management Coordinator
Job Number: 13410BR
Appointment type: Permanent
Job purpose and key deliverables
- To provide comprehensive and proactive support to the Legal & External Affairs Director on a wide range of complex tactical and administrative tasks whilst prioritising and taking personal responsibility for all activities in order to enhance effectiveness.
- This role will also be responsible for executing defined work projects of moderate complexity.
- To ensure that the Records Management Programme (RMP) is implemented and maintained always across the Area.
- Train, educate and induct employees at all levels within the organization on Records Management principles, policies and procedures.
Executive Assistant Key Accountabilities
- Manage the work schedule (calendars, visits and work plans) for the Area Head of Legal and External Affairs to ensure optimal use of time and resources
- Conduct spot checks to ensure compliance of the RM policy is maintained
- Implement the Audit KCC RMP action points and prepare the RAC report on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for distribution, collection and sign off of compliance statements from the various Functions.
- Assist the Records Management Coordinators in producing the RM schedules and ensure these are maintained in accordance with the Group policy.
- Drive and own Review Meetings and Manage Schedules, Control Lists etc.
- Main custodian of the review team meeting minutes i.e. Legal, Audit and Tax review team, for audit purposes
- Ensure training and advice is provided to employees at all levels within the organisation with regards to RMP and introduce RM Induction programme to new recruits.
- Develop and implement reports, memos and other analysis and communication materials for internal and external use using the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Co-ordinate meetings and engagements for the West Africa Area Leadership Team Provide an effective and efficient administrative service to a high level of competency
- Responsible for organising extensive global travel arrangements for the Area Head of Legal and External Affairs and other Regional visitors- transportation, hotels and visas in place.
- Perform routine transactions such as cash advance, expense statements and retirements as required
- Using electronic calendars the jobholder will be responsible for the maintenance of diaries, reviewing and responding to electronic mail for the Area Head of Legal and External Affairs as required.
- Prepare complex presentations and briefings.
- Effectively interface with the Executive Assistants of the West Africa Area Leadership Team to achieve targets
- Effective relationship with and role model to Executive Assistants within BAT and in other companies
- Work very closely with the Records Management Review Team comprising of Legal, Audit and Tax to ensure records are dealt with in accordance with the RM policy guidelines
- Develop new material to promote a better understanding of the RMP for all staff within the Nigeria Area offices and update the RM material including the Manual and Handbook. Ensuring that the Control List and RM procedures are up to date and communicated
- Develop self through training, learning and development opportunities
- Identify areas for improvement and execute improvement plans as required.
- Develop good working relationship across the Area with all the Records Management Coordinators and the Legal Counsel in order to promote records management principles, policies and procedures
- Legal and External Affairs Team
- Relevant BAT Teams/Managers such as Internal Communications Manager, Human Resources Team etc.
- Records Management Coordinators in the various Functions
- West Africa Area Leadership Team (WAALT)
- Executive Assistants of West Africa Area Leadership Team
- Appropriate government and non-government agencies as directed.
- BSc/BA Degree
- Solid secretarial and administrative skills, including excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to establish priorities, maintain confidentiality and work under pressure
- Good numeric skills to work with financial systems and resolve queries
- Very good working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills and a flair for preparing complex reports in PowerPoint, word and excel.
- Work experience in a similar role in a leading corporate organisation would be an added advantage.
- Understanding and ability to apply Records Management Policies and Principles
- Self-starter, keen and confident to use own initiative
- Proactive “can do” work ethic – flexible approach to working
- Solid interpersonal skills – mature, responsible, assertive attitude with the ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- The job holder must be able to work independently and have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of both the practical and theory of the EEMEA Records Management Programme.
- Also assist the Records Management coordinators in carrying out Group RM Training Programmes and spot checking of the Nigeria Area offices.
- The role of the Records Management Coordinator is demanding, and needs a pro-active person who will be able to deal with the challenging and rapidly changing business environment.
- The job holder will be responsible for maintaining all Nigeria Area Offices Retention Schedules and will undertake the training of the Nigeria Area offices employees to ensure that employees are aware of and comply with the RMP policies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd February, 2017.