APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your work place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Operations
- At WACT Onne, we set the pace in the eastern geographical location of the country by providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to Nigerian trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community.
- Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures all over the world.
- You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots.
- When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
- Execute strategies for the operations department of WACT, in line with & contributing to the company vision & strategy, as defined in the business plan. Manage the daily operations according to the agreed operating principles of the business and collaboration with other functions and customers.
- Measure and monitor performance against critical criteria, policy and guidelines.
- Responsible for setting and achieving the targets for the Operations Function.
- Responsibility that all managers and labour in the operation are trained in best operation practices with regards to advanced operations strategies and new technology.
- Meet Company’s and its customer’s expectations with regard to operational efficiency, service delivery and reliability.
- Ensure that the terminal adheres to APM Terminals global standards for container terminal operations.
- Measure and monitor performance against key performance indicators, policy and guidelines established by APM Terminals.
- Responsible for development and implementation of AOP (Annual Operating Plans)
- Participate in selection, negotiation & finalizing agreements with suppliers & customers & where appropriate be responsible for execution & maintenance of service levels as agreed.
- Participates as a key member of any steering committee for new projects, initiatives, and plays a leading role in defining project management strategies. Is responsible for timely deliverables of project plans.
- Contribute input to development in technology & systems as applicable to improve efficiencies in cost, productivity & customer experience.
- Ensure compliance with HSSE policies & procedures by all operational staff.
- Deliver a level of service to customers that is equal to best international standards.
- Preferable a University Degree in Logistics, Maritime and Port, or Process/Industrial Engineering or a Marine qualification.
- Post graduate studies in Port and/or Terminal Management, or related business studies.
- Understanding of the container shipping industry and an ability to relate with shipping companies and other associated industry stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge of APM Terminals operational practices.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience in finance related matters, setting budgets and reporting against financial objectives.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organisation.
- Experience in cost and productivity optimisation through process optimisation, as well as design and implementation of new operation procedures.
- Extensive understanding of modern terminal operations including computer terminal management systems
- Leads from the front with safety and acts as an example to others.
- We are looking for a candidate with minimum 7 years in operations management roles in container terminals with minimum 5 years in a Management position.
- Must be conversant with Labour union activities and dynamics
- Must have some knowledge of human resources standards in the areas of employee relations, general benefits, employment and staffing.
- Experience in a multinational environment will be advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of Terminal operating systems (TOS) e.g Navis
- The opportunity to be part of a high performance diverse team that ensures WACT Onne is a safe, efficient and profitable terminal. You will be contributing to our ambition of transforming and maintaining a leading position within the port industry.
- A chance to leadership and direction for all terminal operations (Container Terminal; General Cargo; Bulk and Ro-Ro).
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- A chance to demonstrate value and team-based leadership working closely with senior business leaders and delivering value adding operational & business support.
- You will be part of a strong and engaged Senior Management team in a global, fast-paced business environment offering a wide range of international career opportunities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th May, 2017.