Transmed is a full service distributor, managing and controlling the entire distribution value chain. Our services cover supply chain, logistics, distribution, sales and promotions with best in class execution.
Established in Lebanon since 1946, Transmed focused on the distribution of a very extensive range of Household and Personal Care Products from Procter & Gamble and Clorox, and in parallel developed the distribution of Food products starting with Mars confectionery range, and expanded it throughout the years to include McCain, Danone baby food, United Biscuits, Kellogg’s, Mondelez, Bahlsen, Perfetti, Siblou, Junior croissants, Castania kernels, Walkers biscuits as well as many other brands.
Transmed is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Manager
Job Ref.: 1600005F
- Ensure timely, accurate and complete accounting by BU in line with Nigerian law and International Accounting Standards in order to reflect an accurate, true and consistent financial situation
- Review statements of accounts monthly to ensure that the outstanding balances are justified and no unjustifiable numbers.
- Maintain the chart of accounts and make sure that codification of expense accounts is being channeled to appropriate accounts.
- Ensure full reconciliation of the customers’ accounts. Control overdue from the trade and agree with CBD team on actions to collect promptly
- Prepare the physical stock count 2 times a year for all warehouses to ensure that company’s inventory is accurate with minimum discrepancies.
- Ad hoc cyclical count
- Prepare yearly prepayments at the beginning of the year and extract the expenses on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile the accounts & ensure that there are no improper transactions and all entries are appropriately accounted.
- Follow up on insurance policies, ensure all are renewed before expiry date and inform his/her manager.
- Month end closing operation
- Ensure adequate planning, preparation and delivery of auditor’s requirement in order to achieve a clean interim and annual audit reports.
- Control over cash/cheques
- Carry monthly audits on cash on hand with cashiers in different locations to ensure strict compliance with Cash disbursement policies and procedures.
- Exercise controls as per SOPs and through personal initiative over all GL transactions to ensure that only properly authorized and supported transactions are processed
- Monitor payables to ensure that suppliers are paid on time as per agreed payment terms
- Monitor receivables from both the trade and our suppliers ensuring there are no overdue
- Issue accurate debit notes for approved activities on our suppliers-provide accurate and timely POPs
- Prepare regularly the VAT declaration, yearly Income Tax, Social Security, PAYE and all other taxes to declare to authorities on time and accurately.
- University Graduate minimum B.B.A.- a CPA/CMA is an advantage
- Strong knowledge of English is required
- Strong competency on MS Excel is required
- Deep knowledge of IFRS and local statutory requirements including tax matters
- Minimum 7 years experience in Senior Accounting Role.
- Well knowledgeable with inventory control, banking procedures, warehousing and logistics procedures as well as familiar with ERP
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply