Roche – At Roche, 91,700 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- The Accountant position reports to the Finance Controller Nigeria and is a part of the SR SSA (Sub Region Sub Saharan Africa) Finance community.
- As Accountant Roche Nigeria, you will have a leadership position in driving excellence in strategic and tactical operations while providing superior partnership to the business and engaging key external stakeholders.
- Ensuring Roche Nigeria’s Financial Report meets the highest statutory and management expectations and delivered on time.
- Taking full responsibility for the monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities and leading the statutory reporting and filing with appropriate authorities.
- Operating with high level of integrity, ethics and compliance, you will be required to:
- Take the ownership of Company Financials – responsible for day to day operations and consolidation on a periodic basis
- Lead the Interface with all stakeholders (Shared Service Centre, Inter Company operations) in providing timely and accurate financials
- Lead the Interface with external auditor for timely audit and resolution of issues
- Lead the company engagement with partners and other service providers in ensuring timely filing of all tax returns
- Provide support to the HR team in implementing optimal HRIS solution
- Support Financial Controller in Business Planning activities
- Lead the company internal control activities in alignment with Group laid down guidelines
Who You Are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
This challenging role requires the following experience and skills:
- Graduate Caliber, Qualified Accountant with 3 – 5 years’ experience in multinational environment with proven experience in Financial Reporting & Business Controlling
- Track record of understanding the needs of the various stakeholders and ability to influence leaders in ensuring the achievement of the finance strategy and supporting the company objectives;
- Strategic and analytical thinking and project management abilities, coupled with high level presentation and influencing skills;
- Proven people management record in leading high performing teams;
- Ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment with shared accountability and responsibilities;
- Intercultural understanding;
- True interest in collaborating with people;
- Proficient in English.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online