Administrative Jobs in Nigeria, Engineering Jobs in Nigeria, Management Jobs in Nigeria,
Position Available From:
Fixed Salary (monthly)
Managing Director, Engineering Materials Development Institute (EMDI), Akure. CONRAISS 15
The Engineering Materials Development Institute (EMDI), Akure undertakes Research and Development (R&D) work in the area of Engineering Materials and Infrastructure for the production of various types, sections and sizes of machines and equipments. Current and mid-term emphasis of the Institute are the following amongst other areas:
- Infrastructural materials and development of Austempered Ductile Iron (ADI) as replacement for HSLA steels in low stress component and part applications, for example, gears, shaft, crankshafts, dies, etc.
- Modern manufacturing techniques in the form of Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM),which breed production/manufacturing efficiency, precision and low unit costs, Polymers which includes research and development work on polymer electronics, for example in areas of light emitting diodes (LED), and photo voltaic cells (PV) for energy generation.
- Nanoparticles, nanoindentation, nanotechnology products and their applications in Biomaterials, Polymers and Crystalline solids.
- Virtual Manufacturing where modeling and simulation Techniques enable the visualization on the computer, the effects of design and process parameters, prior to actual manufacturing.
- Computational Materials Science.
The Managing Director will be responsible for: