Administrative Jobs in Nigeria, Engineering Jobs in Nigeria, Management Jobs in Nigeria,
Position Available From:
Fixed Salary (monthly)
Managing Director, Engineering Materials Development Institute (EMDI), Akure. CONRAISS 15
The Engineering Materials Development Institute (EMDI), Akure undertakes Research and Development (R&D) work in the area of Engineering Materials and Infrastructure for the production of various types, sections and sizes of machines and equipments. Current and mid-term emphasis of the Institute are the following amongst other areas:
- Infrastructural materials and development of Austempered Ductile Iron (ADI) as replacement for HSLA steels in low stress component and part applications, for example, gears, shaft, crankshafts, dies, etc.
- Modern manufacturing techniques in the form of Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM),which breed production/manufacturing efficiency, precision and low unit costs, Polymers which includes research and development work on polymer electronics, for example in areas of light emitting diodes (LED), and photo voltaic cells (PV) for energy generation.
- Nanoparticles, nanoindentation, nanotechnology products and their applications in Biomaterials, Polymers and Crystalline solids.
- Virtual Manufacturing where modeling and simulation Techniques enable the visualization on the computer, the effects of design and process parameters, prior to actual manufacturing.
- Computational Materials Science.
The Managing Director will be responsible for:
- All the operations of the Institute.
- He reports directly to the Executive Vice Chairman, National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI) who is the Chief Executive of the Agency.
- He is accountable for the day-to-day running of the Institute, he manages the resources of the Institute for the purpose of meeting product and profit targets.
- He prepares proposals for short, medium and long-term plans, as well as the capital/operating budgets of the Institute.
- Candidate must possess the relevant University degrees, or their equivalents, up to Ph.D level in any fields of Materials/Metallurgical Engineering, Physics or Chemistry.
- COREN Registration and membership of professional bodies are mandatory, while scholarly publications in reputable journals are added advantage.
- At least 15 years post graduation experience in the field of Materials Science and Engineering, project and process development, teaching, research and industry.
- Sound knowledge of materials designs, selection, manufacturing and the relationship of these to the market place, will be an advantage.
- Very reasonable knowledge of production management and control will be expected.
- Candidate must have demonstrable leadership qualities and show interest in continuous development, training and retraining of staff, especially in the new areas of science and technology including CNC, CAD/CAM, Virtual Manufacturing and Nanotechnology.
- The job will also require the capability to liaise with the private sector and other research and technological organization, locally and overseas.
Candidates for all the positions must not be above 55 years of age.
Method of Application
Interested candidates (internal and external) are required to forward their applications with fifteen (15) copies of their up-to-date Curriculum Vitae to include among others:
(i) Educational/Professional Qualifications with dates
(ii) Relevant Job Experience
(iii) Present Salary and Emolument
(iv) Photocopies of relevant credentials
(v) Confidential Report from three referees addressed directly to the Executive Vice Chairman
(vi) Contact address with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
All applications should be received not later 16th September, 2014 and addressed to:
The Executive Vice Chairman/Chief Executive
National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure
Idu Industrial Area, PMB 391, Garki,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.