INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Location: Youndè (Cameroun) or Abuja (Nigeria) and frequent travels in countries of the West and Central Area. First period will be in Rome HQ
Reports to (Hierarchical): Human Resources Director (HQ)
Reports to (Functional): Senior Recruiter Officer and National Hr Coordinator (HQ)
Starting date: ASAP
Duration of contract: 6 months
Supervises: Hr Managers
General Context of the Mission
INTERSOS is an Italian humanitarian organization on the first line that works all over the world bringing assistance to people in danger victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts.
INTERSOS, with its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively meet the needs of people in crisis, with a particular attention to the vulnerable groups, as women and children. It provides first aid, food, shelter, medical assistance and basic goods. It ensures that basic needs, as education, clean water and health, are met.
Its work primarily aims at giving an immediate response in humanitarian crises by bringing emergency relief to the victims of armed conflict, drought, famine, and other natural disasters. Furthermore, its core mission focus on providing primary emergency relief and simultaneously begin to work to promote a return to normal living conditions, the resumption of dialogue and the strengthening of peace, reconstruction and growth.
Purpose of the Position
- INTERSOS is looking for an experienced Hr Coordinator to define, adapt, plan and supervise the implementation of human resources policies in West and Central Africa missions, ensuring they are in line with the context, the operational challenges and the strategic Hr.
- Works in close collaboration with the Hq National Hr Coordinator to supervise all the aspects of the National staffs management, the definition of policies and strategies and the development in order to build up the career strategy and possibilities of expatriation.
- Works in close collaboration with the mission Hr Managers ensuring that INTERSOS is a Responsible employer in the missions of the area, supporting the proper management of HR across the board and assuming full responsibility of the Hr Administrative issues in the missions.
- The Hr Coordinator, in collaboration with the HOM, contributes to the definition and implementation of the mission’s objectives and ensures the Hr capacity required, sizing and improving people capabilities, contribution and active participation in order to achieve missions goals effectively. This will be done according to INTERSOS human resources vision and values.
- Plans in collaboration with the Hq Recruiter Coordinator the Human Resources needs in the region.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Analysis of Human Resources needs:
- Contributes to plan and define the Human Resources needs in the mission for national and international staff
- Provides advice and technical expertise to the Hom and relevant Coordinators, in order to design job profiles, organizational charts and decision-making channels for international and national positions
Ensure INTERSOS manages the Human Resources as a Responsible Employer:
- Is responsible for all human resources management issues of the missions, ensuring they are aligned with HR policies and Responsible Employer frame
- Working in close collaboration with the HQ National Hr Coordinator to develop local policies defining or adapting INTERSOS standard policies to the missions
Support to local recruitment:
- Identifies the best local sources of recruitment according to the needs and objectives of the missions as well as define recruitment strategy based on the analysis of labour market with the objective of recruiting professionals and people with potentials to develop within the missions/organization
Management of Human Resources (International and National):
- Ensures systematic briefings and debriefing of all International staffs in the missions and keep regular contacts to support them
- Ensures alignment of mission’s objectives with HR institutional objectives beyond the missions, related with future HR capacity of the organization
- Follows the HR and Administration related issues at mission level (recruitment, management and development of teams, contracting of national and regional employees’, remuneration of local and regional staff, etc.).
- Provides expertise to Coordinators/supervisors/activity managers on how to manage HR (team management, conflict management, stress early detection, communication, meetings…)
- Coordinates with HQ HR Administration to follow up HR policies in particular Rest & Recuperation, house allowance, family benefits, staff separation clearance checklist, flight booking and leaves
Development of Human Resources (International and National):
- Ensures the proper implementation of the Performance System throughout the missions, providing technical support to the coordination team and the Administration Managers in implementing and detecting training needs,
- Promotes internal (interprojects) and external (intermissions) mobility of key staff identified and support the development of plans to ensure mobility.
Follow up of legal requirements:
- Supports the Hom and the Hr Managers to comply with the Hr legal requirements of the different Countries
- Is responsible to make sure that Internal regulations and all HR related policies, procedures and administrative documents (i.e. employment contracts, payslip, etc.) are within the national legal framework
- University Degree in HR Management or administration related studies
- Fluent French
- Good knowledge of English
- Minimum 3 years experience in Human Resources Management
- Highly able to keep confidentiality
- Able to work independently
- Ability to work and adapt in different environments
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s, motivation letter and 2 references to: [email protected] with subject line: ” SR–208 Human Resources Coordinator – West and Central Africa”.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Application Deadline: 4th October, 2017.