ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
We invite applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the Country Director/Board Liaison Advisor
Responsible to: Country Director/Director HROE
Line Management: None
- The Executive Assistant (EA) to the Country Director (CD) will be responsible for the management and administration of the Country Director’s Office.
- S/he will also manage physical and electronic documents for the Country Director’s office by maintaining documentation, filing systems and contact data base.
- In addition S/he will be responsible for coordination of the Governance function, maintaining an interface between the Board and General Assembly members of AAN and the International Governance Unit (IGU); as well as review Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) within ActionAid Nigeria.
- S/he is to support in ensuring that ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) policies and procedures – in collaboration with the other members of the team and the Country Office are fully complied with.
- Planning and organizing of all activities, workshops and seminars that relate to the office of the Country Director.
- Taking minutes of all strategic meetings involving the Country Director’s Office.
- Representing – when necessary- the CD at for a relating to the progress, advocacy and show-casing of AAN’s work in Nigeria.
- Act as a liaison person with programme and other relevant units on administrative issues as it relates to the CD’s Office.
- Development and management of the Information Systems within the CD’s office.
- Act as secretary to the Procurement Committee
- Produce and contribute to programme/event reporting.
- Facilitate the financial processes for consultancies and other programme events’ with the support of the Finance Department as it relates to the CD’s Office.
- Produce budgets for events and assist in the development of the programme’s budgets and plans by working closely with the HROE and Finance Units.
- Ensure proper reporting, documentation and communication of all AAN Governance proceedings
- Coordinate AAN Governance and staff induction; and orientation processes
- Coordinate the process of General Assembly (GA) member recruitments and selection ensuring that all organizational equal opportunity parameters are considered
- Coordinate all field visits of Board and GA members to AAN project sites
- Act in an advisory capacity to all members of the governance body especially new members to facilitate their ability to perform effectively.
- Maintain an interface with IGU and AAN Governance body
- Coordinate proper documentation and filing of all AAN Statutory documents with relevant government agencies
- Act as an information hub between AAN Management and the Governance Body.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of an appropriate and user-friendly record, Management system and ensure files are up to date.
- Administer programme and other internal meetings, and follow up staff and other stakeholders on relevant issues and action points.
- Review of incoming and outgoing Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) in AAN
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: All staff
- External: Service providers, Partners, Government Agencies, Board & General Assembly Members, International AA Office and other stakeholders.
- Barrister-at-Laws (B.L) and Bachelor of Laws (LLB) is essential
- Membership of NIM or relevant professional Institute
- Minimum of five years post NYSC experience in Administration is essential
- Office administration experience is essential
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general) & experience in handling cash
- Experience in working with international development of NGO agencies.
- Experience in managing Local Area Network
- Experience designing and co-ordinating training/meetings is essential
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Ability to think Strategically
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Highly numerate
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Negotiation skills
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Self motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission values, and objectives
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Good motivator of others
- Team player
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications in one document and MSWord attachment to: email@example.com Subject line of emails must state clearly, job title of position applied for and location e.g Executive Assistant to the Country Director/Board Liaison Advisor – Abuja
Click here to download the Application Form (MSWord)
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered.
- Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
Application Deadline: 4th October, 2017.