The Abraaj Group is a global institution investing in select markets across Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Turkey. We currently manage c. US$ 10 billion across targeted private equity strategies.
By combining deep local reach, a global platform and underwriting standards, with extensive operating capabilities, we generate industry leading returns and create value in market-leading companies.
The Abraaj Group is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager – Healthcare
- The Human Resources Manager is a key member of the management team whose primary role is to focus primarily to develop and manage Human Resources Services for the Facility.
- The incumbent will take full responsibility of the HR services including workforce planning, talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, HR governance, performance management ensuring process and practices are in place to support overall business success.
Roles Reporting into this Role:
- All Human Resources Staff
Role and Responsibilities
- Services as an HR operational leader for the facility, ensuring all HR functions and activities enable business success.
- Responsible for ensuring the efficient implementation of a Human Resources delivery model, which aligns the facility HR structure, processes and systems with regional and group HR strategies.
- Employee productivity measures agreed upon and monitored
- Compensation management – good understanding and knowledge of compensation plans and practices in the private healthcare industry in Nigeria.
- Establish training structures, processes and practices and assign needed resources to ensure training needs of platform addressed. This may include partnerships with healthcare colleges.
- Annual training needs analysis to identify training / performance needs of employees and of the organization. Design and development of the appropriate interventions to address performance needs.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Quality Management processes such as method for data collection and measurements, analysis, approval and implementation of improvements in Human Resources Department.
- Policies and procedures developed, maintained, implemented and compliance monitored.
- Staff are aware of the quality management and improvement programmes and are competent to participate in quality improvement
- Service culture is implemented and enhanced throughout the department and hospital
- Communication and information flow are maintained on inter- and intra-departmental level
- The delivery and implementation of the interventions and the evaluation of its effectiveness
- Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Skilled in work force planning, using agreed upon metrics and best practices to ensure business operations are staff optimally.
- Manage and drive end-to-end recruitment process timeously and in line with work force plan and operational growth.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation.
- Act as custodian for performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization. Goals, with performance standards, are set at functional and team/ individual level.
- Administers benefits programs such as health, insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Manage daily HR related operational matters.
- Provide HR support to leaders on issues such as presentation and review of measures and metrics, employee on boarding and separation, salary administration, performance management, reasonable accommodation, leaves of absence, and investigation and resolution of employee complaints. Additionally, the incumbent will assist in providing advice, recommendations and coaching to leaders on these issues.
- Assist with employee engagement activities, advising leaders on and ensuring compliance with HR policies, procedures and practices, and assisting in the management of day to day employee relations
- A philosophy of collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to lead and manage the HR team to deliver a challenging scope of work within a specific timeframe.
- High tolerance for complex, ambiguous, and ever-shifting environments, including a matrix management structure.
- Understanding of how to create change through influence and not through direct authority.
- A mission-driven individual who can embrace and commit to Mission and Core Values; articulate about stewardship.
- A self-starter, results-oriented personality.
- Human Resources qualification or related, experience working in a private healthcare ecosystem setting;
- Ability to connect with all levels of the Hospital Org Chart, think strategically to define the HR vision for the business unit with in-depth HR operational experience.
- 8+ years of experience including at an HR Management / Specialist level within a private healthcare setting or health ecosystem Willing to work within a fast moving, start-up environment, Experience with both Greenfield and Brownfield execution, including mass recruitment of healthcare professionals at all levels.
- Experience of low to middle income healthcare service delivery
- Strong networks in the healthcare market.
- HR Generalist
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply