Sahara Group nutures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors. The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a positive impact on the business environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payroll Supervisor
- Ensure that all payroll related inputs required for the monthly payroll process are received before 15th of the month.
- Review all payroll related inputs into the payroll system and check for accuracy
- To reconcile current month payroll with previous month and explain the variances
- Run the payroll software
- Review cost center changes, all deductions and check for accuracy of Payroll
- Print out schedules of statutory deductions i.e. PAYE, NSITF, and Pension etc.
- Print out all payroll schedules i.e. Payroll Analysis, Bank Mandate & Payment Summary on GAPS
- To ensure high confidentiality on employees’ pay, package and position
- Monthly upload of staff salary cost & Transfer to Journal on Oracle payroll
- Provide adhoc reports on staff salary costs to the relevant units within finance
- Compute all end of services entitlements or indebtedness
- Ensure resigned staff are not included in payroll
- Advise Finance Mangers of monthly and Quarterly Reimbursable net position
- Coordinate the administration of Pension, Taxes, NSITF, ITF, and Group Life Insurance.
- Assist in the preparation of HR annual budget
- Review salaries journal vouchers raised manually to determine their accuracy and to ensure they impact the correct general ledger accounts.
- Monitors the amortization and accruals of all reimbursable and salaries related payments.
- Coordinate the processing, remittance and reconciliation of all payroll related statutory liabilities (PAYE, NSITF, NHF, Group Life) to ensure compliance with all payroll related tax laws and regulations.
- Administration of statutory audit (concerning PAYE, NSITF, NHF) process and respond promptly to payroll related queries raised by the tax authorities and other regulatory bodies.
- Filing of tax returns in compliance with the deadline of the statutory authorities.
- Prepare PAYE audit support data for external auditor’s use.
- Implement all new Payroll related Law and Amendment within Nigeria and other African countries where
Minimum Qualification/ Experience:
- A University Degree (or its equivalent) in Accounting or related fields
- Minimum of 3- 5 years cognate working experience (Post NYSC) within the Reward & Remuneration department of a corporate organization, with at least 3 years in a similar role.
- Professional certification such as ICAN, ACCA is an added advantage
- Good knowledge and understanding of issues affecting the employee remuneration such as PAYE guidelines, Pension, etc is necessary.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Apt for figures
- Must be good with reconciliations.
- Must be proficient in the use of Oracle payroll software package
- Must be good with Microsoft office suite (MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PPT etc)
- Must be a quick self-starter
- A good communicator
- Must be flexible and ready to work long hours
- Must be hard working
- Must be a quick thinker
- Must have be assertive
- Must be Resilient
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must possess analytical skills
- Company/Function Head
- Group Legal
- Corporate Affairs
- Agencies/Contractors, External Auditors
- All staff
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: [email protected]