Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Job ID: 17032904
Job Function: Compliance and Control
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
- The individual will play a key role in developing and maintaining a robust control environment in the unit and across the bank in general.
- He/she will be responsible for coordinating, monitoring and advising on compliance with business, global, regional and local compliance policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Implementation of all applicable compliance programs across the bank;
- Ensure all compliance reviews/reports are being performed timely, adequately and appropriately documented;
- Monitoring compliance to regulatory and internal policies, processes and procedures by staff across the bank in general;
- Reporting all forms of compliance breaches to the Chief Compliance Officer;
- Bringing to the attention of the Country Compliance Officer any suspicious transaction/activity;
- Work closely with the Business and other key stakeholders such as Operations and Technology to identify and mitigate the risks associated with existing and new business with emphasis on higher risk customers and transactions;
- Contribute to a “no surprise” compliance culture;
- Raise the visibility of compliance by specifically improving the compliance risk assessment and compliance testing standards across the bank;
- Carrying out compliance advisory services across the bank;
- Liaising with local Regulators, Law Enforcement and other Governmental Bodies and ensure good relationships with same;
- Manage ad-hoc compliance related projects as required.
- Opportunity to work with Citi’s compliance teams, regionally and globally;
- Comprehensive training in general compliance;
- Exposure to Regulators and engagement with Citi Business teams.
- The role will cover all Citi businesses, providing opportunities to develop enhanced product knowledge
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in the Banking sector
- Knowledge of relevant regulations
- Experience in compliance monitoring reviews, e.g. account opening or periodic reviews
- Experience of at least 3 major areas of banking operations
- Strong written and personal communication skills
- Attention to details
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to embrace new technologies
- Ability to manage and facilitate multiple projects
- Ability to work individually and in teams
- Interpersonal skills
- First degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Law or any other discipline
- Relevant higher degree and professional qualification
- Operations, Control, risk related experience will be an added advantage
- Strong team player, given cross functional role
- Enthusiastic approach to understanding key bank systems and willingness to apply these on ongoing basis
- Enthusiastic and flexible with ability to use own initiative and work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-confident, self-motivated
- Ability to learn and develop to take on exceptional tasks
- Strong time management.
- High tolerance for work pressure – perseverance and flexibility.
- Ability to handle conflict effectively.
- Commitment to learning
- Highly organized and methodical with close attention to detail
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- High accountability and ownership
- Strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to co-operative and collaborative working
- Strong team player willing to learn and share experience with other team members
- Flexibility to work with changing priorities and deadlines
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply