ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world.
ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
ActionAid is a global movement of people working together to further human rights and defeat poverty for all.
Job Title: Administrative Officer (Consultancy)
The Administrative Officer who reports to Director, Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness will be responsible for providing front office, stores, administrative and secretarial support to the Country Programme. As the first line contact person to the organization, s/he will be responsible for receiving visitors, giving sound response to inquiries, managing mails, answering and screening telephone calls.
S/he is to ensure the application of AAN policies and procedures in collaboration with the other members of the HROE team and the Country Programme. S/he will also manage physical and electronic reference documents for the country programme by maintaining documentation, filing systems and contact data base.
- Maintain a welcome and professional environment and handle/direct all visitors and enquiries appropriately.
- Work with colleagues to establish & maintain relationship with suitable hotels across the country and manage all organizational hotel reservations.
- Provide logistics for workshops, seminars, meetings, staff retreat, and ensure adequate communication for all events.
- Manage AAN store ensuring adequacy of materials required for day to day running of the office/programmes and proper documentation of all expenses involved.
- Support organisational procurement processes
- Manage and maintain a First Aid box in accordance with AAN’s Health and Safety policy as well as ensure a hygienic and clean office environment
- Degree in social sciences or arts/humanities
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in Front Desk management and Office administration or a related function.
- Experience in working with international development of NGO agencies.is desirable
- Experience of designing and co-ordinating training/meetings is desirable
- Highly numerate, excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
Job Title: Sponsorship Communications Consultant
The Communications Consultant will be responsible for implementing AAN’s Child Sponsorship communications plan and Community Sponsorship’s fundraising communication strategy as contained below and in the job description provided. This includes but not limited to liaising and engaging with funding affiliates, local right partners, goodwill ambassadors and vendors in the execution of duties stated.
- Ensure communications from all 11 local right partners to UK, Italy, Sweden and Brazil Sponsors are delivered on a timely basis. i.e. Community Voices, Amico and Next Step reports.
- Work with the Child Sponsorship Coordinator to produce the annual Communication Plans for Funding Affiliates
- Produce monthly and bi-annual communications for supporter-retention and acquisition when necessary and in line with deadlines set.
- Coordinate and supervise the approved media agency on the placement of DRTV advert on DSTV.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of advert placement in the media and proffer advice for re-direction based on evaluation results.
- Liaise with Communications Coordinator on requests for AAN staff programme appearances in media houses located within Lagos.
- Work with Communications Coordinator on all engagement involving the celebrity Campaigner for Community Sponsorship.
- Provide technical support and communications materials for fundraising activities.
- Coordinate production of informative, educative and communications (IEC) materials produced by approved vendors.
- Regularly develop contents and update all Community Sponsorship social media platforms with quality content. i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Linkedln, Google+ and Youtube.
- Provide and upload quality content (stories and photos) on Community Sponsorship website with strict adherence to AAN’s brand guideline.
- Work with communications coordinator and digital officer on content development and execution of digital fundraising campaigns respectively
- First degree in social sciences arts or humanities
- At least 5 years’ experience managing communication and advocacy projects and working with the media.
- Knowledge of website content management and digital communication
- Proven experience in report writing
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Good computer skills especially in the use of publishing tools
- Creative and takes initiative.
- A self motivated person able to work without close supervision
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and covering letter in not more than 3 pages to [email protected] on or before Tuesday 23rd August 2016 clearly stating position as the subject of the email.
Please note that all applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.