Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: People and Culture Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Type: Full Time
Experience: Mid-Senior Level
Reports to: Director of People and Culture
About the Role
- Andela is seeking a People and Culture Manager to build our organizational capacity and ensure we are creating an environment in which our staff can realize their full potential.
- To be successful in this role, the right candidate will bring extensive knowledge and experience in managing and building people systems for growing organizations.
- As a coach to a growing team of managers, a supporter to our staff, and as the designer of our human systems, you will play an instrumental role in building a truly world class organization.
- Support the People and Culture Director in managing all people systems and operations in Andela Lagos.
- Lead all efforts related to Staff Performance Management.
- Lead all efforts related to Employee Discipline Management.
- Develop systems, procedures and policies to manage the full employee lifecycle, e.g. staff recruitment (non-Fellows), on-boarding, performance management, compensation,and exiting.
- Work with individual supervisors and coach them on best practices related to driving individual performance.
- Build upon existing systems to manage employee benefits, healthcare, and other Human Resources functions. The objective is to maximise value delivered to fellows and non- fellows whilst maintaining statutory compliance.
- Support Andela non-Fellows recruitment process and work with team members to ensure a smooth process flow from identification of a vacancy to the filling of that vacancy.
- Support on-boarding of new hires to ensure a seamless integration and optimise new hire productivity.
- Support the Director of People and Culture in ensuring that the day-to-day operations of people-related functions are carried out in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner. The objective is to deliver transactions in alignment with agreed HR service standards specifications.
- Support the Director of People and Culture in leading the People Team including the People Associate, People and Culture Coordinator and external suppliers and consultants.
- Serve as a thought leader and Andela brand champion across various internal and external channels.
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidates for this role you:
- Comprehensive understanding of core human resources processes and systems (recruitment, absence management, organisation change, workforce planning and performance management) and best practice standards for each.
- Implementation of employee engagement strategies that have successfully delivered improved individual employee and organisational performance.
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience in a range of sectors.
- BS/BA Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent +7 years of relevant HR experience or MS/MA Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent, and 5 years relevant experience.
- Ability to create effective working partnerships with key stakeholders and to use these to create and implement people and organisation related business plans that support the achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Experience in a challenging, changing, complex business environments with a special focus on multiculturalism (and internationalism).
- Certified member of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management or related body is a bonus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill to build HR systems: benefits, payroll, accounting (not necessarily extensive knowledge, more knowing how to build the system)
- Ability to manage a team
- Skill to implement a performance management system for growing organization
- Skill to intervene with dissatisfied staff or mediate disagreements
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive HR issues, projects.
- Computer literacy at an intermediate level. Including ability to use HR and other business software. Experience in HRIS implementation is an advantage. .
- Knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. Nigerian labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to Andela Nigeria. Ability to adapt applicable founding country labour laws (US) into local practices as required.
- Strong knowledge of- salary structure, development, benefits and compensation, surveys/benchmarking and job evaluation systems.
- Skill (+experience) to build a recruiting program
- Ability to quickly build trust with staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Skill to interact with diplomacy, tact and follow up on requests in timely and efficient manner. Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply