We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Site Lifting Specialist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria, Africa
- Continually liaise with DW CPLO to ensure that lifting and handling standards within project are consistently respected on Sites.
- Ensures that Company Rules and Procedures (Lifting Management System) regarding handling & lifting operations are well understood and applied by those involved.
- Participates / assists the DW CPLO into the annual evaluation and review of project approved 3rd Party Lifting equipment Certifiers list.
- Provides expertise in day to day handling and lifting activities on site, which include: categorizing lifts, hazard identifications and risk assessment, technical review (lifting procedures and organizations), Acting as Lifting representative for lifting operations on site and / or contractor’s crane barges where critical lifting operations are to be carried out.
- Working with contractors to ensure technically acceptable lifting procedures and other related documentation are prepared in advance of lifting activities.
- Assists the CPLO during assessment of personnel competence to carry out lifting of handling operations.
- Review Lifting Operations Plans for all critical lifting or handling operations on Site to be submitted to the final review and approval of the CPLO.
- Performs, or makes perform by a competent person, toolbox talks prior to the beginning of each working shift or when critical lifts are being carried out.
- Attends the lifts and carries out post service debriefs in order to ensure assessment of completed services.
- Performs technical inspection and evaluation of cranes and selects lifting equipment proposed for use on sites and projects.
- Ensure that the SLS Pre-lift Checklist must be completed and signed prior to the lifting operation.
- Ensuring regular site feedback to DW-CPLO.
- Conducts periodic LMS audits at CTR sites and reports to DW CPLO
- Specifying the testing / proof load requirements in accordance with statutory requirements, relevant standards and company rules on consultation with DW-CPLO.
- Specifying the marking requirements in accordance with company rules.
- Reviewing and signing of all complicated / complex lifting plans and JSA/RA after obtaining approval from CPLO.
- Does periodic reviews of generic lifting plans.
- Assists CPLO during assessment of personnel competences involved in lifting & handling operations.
- Develops and keeps up to date the Site on the lifting and handling procedures / instructions.
- Coaches and mentors personnel involved in lifting and handling operations (crane operators & riggers, etc.) on site.
- Liaise with client approved 3rd party inspection companies for the Lifting Equipment inspection and certification campaign.
Context and Environment
- The incumbent can be based on the various sites or at Port Harcourt/Lagos, Nigeria Work regime: 4 weeks on by 4 weeks off rotation, 12 hours per day Difficult and demanding environment in terms of daily lifting management: challenging and stressful situations.
- Multi-cultural organization with multiple Logistics interfaces and customers (Field Ops, Drilling, Engineering Construction and Project).
- Logistics focal point for lifting and handling operations on the assigned site.
- The incumbent brings expertise in the daily lifting/handling site operations and he can replace the CPLO for critical lifts classified at risk level 3.
- The service holder is responsible for the application of appropriate procedures and methodologies to ensure that major hazards associated with lifting operations on Deep Water sites are properly assessed and managed in line with Lifting Management System (LMS)
Qualifications & Requirements
- The service holder must be capable of ensuring the application of handling and lifting procedures (LMS) implemented into the affiliate.
- The service holder must have knowledge of all types of cranes (e.g. crawler, mobile crane with outriggers & pedestal) and lifting operations that occur into the affiliate.
- Knowledge of all aspects of lifting engineering including such items as onshore and offshore load charts, effects of ground bearing capacity, barge stability.
- The ability to prepare (or check) lifting engineering calculations and risk assessments.
- Hold appropriate technical qualification(s) and have sufficient practical experience to demonstrate technical competence.
- Good knowledge of English
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online