Oxfam is a confederation of 17 Affiliates committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
Oxfam is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Grade: D2 National
Duration: 6 months contract with possibility of extension
Reports To: HR/Office Manager
- To provide efficient and smooth administrative services to programme delivery,
- To ensure that Oxfam meets its business objectives and mainstream Its core organizational values through effective administrative services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise administrative staff and ensure that all staff reporting to post holder have work plan, performance objectives; and deliver to agreed set standards.
- Ensure Oxfam Office and Guesthouses are managed proactively and properly.
- With support from the HR Manager, continuously review and update admin systems and procedures to ensure compliance with local laws and Oxfam set standards and improved efficiency.
- Make bookings and provide support for workshops and training for programme / support teams.
- Provide monthly admin and forecast reports for management information system, and for input into budget and audit processes.
- Ensure smooth management of day to day administrative function and requirement in the office.
- Coordinate with logistics department to ensure timely procurement of supplies related to general office administration.
- Prepare & maintain files for external and Internal communication.
- Oversee the use of stationery and establish systems to combat wastage and abuse.
- Ensure adequate availability and timely replenishment of office and guest house supplies.
- Ensure timely processing of utility and service bills (telephone bills, power, water cleaning and maintenance, fumigation.
- Manage the admin petty cash and produce monthly reports to account for It.
- Monitoring and maintaining office premises in line with Oxfam health and safety requirements and standards.
Visitors and Travel:
- Work closely with the country Admin team to ensure timely and cost effective travel and accommodation arrangements (i.e booking and purchase of airline tickets, airport pickups and drops) including liaising with the transport desk.
- Proactively communicate and work closely with country focal person for visa issuance, renewal and expiry date.
- To ensure timely communication and appropriate welcoming of visitors (provide welcome/security packs, travel itinerary.
Accommodation / Facilities Management:
- Ensure timely preparation of property lease agreements, monitoring their renewal / terminations and compliance to local laws.
- Networking with other INGO Admin staff to keep abreast with new developments regarding costs and availability of better / improved services in Maiduguri.
- Manage the day to day running of the guest house.
- Negotiate and follow up with landlords on condition of properties and lease requirements
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV’s in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject of your mail.
- Prospective candidates must be available and willing to commence work immediately
- Only application submitted in the required format will be considered
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 16th December, 2016.