Launched in 1994, MTN Group has grown into a multi-national telecommunications company with a proven track record of technological innovation and corporate culture that thrives on challenge. Through steady organic growth, prudent acquisitions and robust governance, the MTN Group is rapidly achieving its vision of becoming the telecommunications leader in emerging markets.
MTN Group operates in 21 countries in Africa and the Middle East.
Job Title TRADE MARKETING CONSULTANT SOKOTO (NW REGION)
1. Build Relationship Between Lower And Upper Levels (I.E. Between Authorize Distributors And Sub Dealers), Support Trade Partners And Sub Dealers And Link Subs, Retailers Etc To Trade Partners And Help Nurture The Relationship
2. Ensure Call Cycle Time Of 8-10 Visit A Day Per Territory Or As Business Requires
3. Identify, Classify And Support All Players In Channels Of Distribution And Ensure Weekly / Monthly Database Update
4. Ensure MTN Product Availability In Channel Is >95% At All Times And Provide Weekly Product Availability Report Of All Visited Outlets During Call Cycles
5. Ensure Information From Distributor Account Executive On Trade Partners Product Distribution Is Confirmed And Relevant Sub Dealers Followed Up And Provide Weekly / Monthly Report
6. Resolve All Issues/Queries With Regards To Activations, Products And Promotions
7. Direct All Channel Participants To MTN Identified Growth Area Within Your Territory
8. Establish Consistent Channel Standards Including Branding As Per Channel Recommendation.
9. Increase Brand Awareness – Signage, POS Distribution And Target 65% Visibility In The Channel Of Distribution (Trade Marketing Team Will Measure)
10. Support All Identified Outlets With 100% Merchandizing As Appropriate And Defined.
11. Manage Stock In Channel And Provide Appropriate Reports As Follows;
A. Direct Outlets With Stock Challenges To Identified Trade Partners To Ensure There Is No Stock Out Within Assigned Territories
B. Obtain List Of SIM Distribution By Trade Partners From Distributor Account Executives On An Ongoing Basis And Report Weekly
C. Obtain And Record Info On Stocking From ALL Visited Outlets In Territory (Where From, When, Price, Where To & Why Still Pending >30days) And Report Weekly / Monthly.
D. Advice RSMs If There Is Need For Focussed Activity In Territory To Help Move Stock – As Appropriate
E. Provide Training On Site To Increase Product Knowledge
F. Ensure MTN Product Availability In Channel Is >95% At All Times And Provide Weekly Product Availability Report Of All Visited Outlets During Call Cycles
G. Ensure Info From DAE On TPs Product Distribution Is Confirmed And Relevant Sub Dealers Followed Up And Provide Weekly / Monthly Report
H. Ensure All Visited Outlets Give Info On Where, When, Price Etc Of Products And Provide Weekly Report
I. Query All Products In Channel Older Than 30 Days From Date Of Purchase And Make Report To The Business On All Such Stock Weekly
J. Target 65% Space Within Each Outlet (Trade Marketing Team Will Measure)
K. Support All Identified Outlets With 100% Merchandizing As Appropriate And Defined.
L. Ensure 100% POS Distribution To All Channels Of Distribution Within 14 Days Of Release
M. Ensure 100% Replacement Of Expired, Damaged Or Obsolete Materials Within Territory And 100% Removal Of Obsolete Materials And Messages
N. Obtain Info On Stocking From ALL Visited Outlets In Territory (Where From, When, Price, Where To & Why Still Pending >30days) – Record And Report Weekly / Monthly.
O. Ensure Collaboration Between Sub Subs, Retailers Etc To TPs And Help Nurture The Relationship And Increase RRP
P. Confirm That Sub Dealers And Dealer Branches Are Contacted And Stock Receipt / Movement Verified – Produce Weekly Report
Q. Ensure Areas In Your Territory Without Adequate TP Or Sub Dealer Presence Is Filled By Encouraging TP Or Sub Dealers To Move Into Area.
12. Provide Informal Training In Shops On Products, Services And Promotions Being Run By Marketing ,Channel Or Region And On The Spot Training/Coaching Of All Visited Outlets In Territory ( 100% Of All Visited Outlets In Call Cycle)
13. Manage Events And Promos, Generate Sub-Dealer Specific Promo Specification And Perform Post-Promo Evaluation
14. Provide Weekly/Monthly Sales Activity Report, Market Intelligence Report And Initial Report To Field Service Engineers On State Of Network In Territory
Job Condition • Tool Of Trade Vehicle Provided
• May Be Required To Work Extended Hours / Weekends
• Work Is Carried Out Mostly In The Field
• A Valid Drivers License (Extensive Local Travel)
Experience & Training
4 Years Working Experience Which Includes:
• 2 Years Sales & Marketing Experience In A Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FCMG) Environment
• Basic GSM
• Basic Telecommunication Fundamentals
• Merchandising Training
• In-Depth Handset Training
• Customer Care
• Coaching For Results
Minimum Qualification BSc