InterContinental Lagos is located on Victoria Island, in the centre of Lagos home to the majority of foreign embassies and multinational companies, making it the perfect residence for affluent business and diplomatic travellers. Built on an elevated terrain overlooking Lagos’s port and the city below, the 19 storey hotel offers uninterrupted, spectacular views of Lagos Skyline. InterContinental Lagos comprises of 352 well-appointed, elegantly decorated rooms and suites as well as a Club InterContinental floor.
What is your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, baking or karaoke, at IHG we’re interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our progressive & committed opening team at the InterContinental Lagos.
InterContinental Lagos currently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Restaurant Manager (550032)
Job Number: LAG000269
- What’s your passion? Whether you’re into singing, swimming or cooking, at IHG we’re interested in YOU. We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who help us create great hotels guests love.
- At the moment we’re looking for an Chinese Restaurant Manager to join our energetic and enthusiastic Food & Beverage team at InterContinental Lagos.
Key Job Responsibilities
- To maintain all Restaurant standards as per current IHG standards.
- To initiate and maintain timely recording of and follow-up of all bookings
- To generate new ideas for service and products that will maintain a competitive and leading edge over our Competitive set
- Liaise with Events and Sales Account Managers on any Corporate or Group issues and action accordingly following consultation
- Set yearly SMART objectives and goals for direct reports with approval from F&B Manager
- Conduct quarterly appraisals with direct reports
- Conduct performance or disciplinary related reviews with direct reports as necessary on a timely basis
- Understand and implement all IHG promotional programs as applicable to Restaurants.
- You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
- To be proactive in prospecting / creating new Restaurant business
- To understand and effectively manage cultural needs and expectations of different groups utilizing Hotel
- Positively identify and acknowledge excellence in operations impacting Restaurant business
- Distribute all Complimentary and Complaint letters to appropriate departments and manage follow-up
- Identify operational limitations and sell only what we advertise and can effectively manage operationally
- To manage Yield of inventories in accordance with Budget guidelines
- Communicate and administer selling strategy for F&B Outlets business to all internal parties
- To consult and effectively and positively manage changes in operation, policy and procedures with direct reports
- To provide regular feedback on progress/reports/magazines within the industry and how new concepts may be applied to our product
- Maintain effective and appropriate liaison with clients whilst on property for site
- Initiate Customer follow-up within 1-3 days following large events for future business bookings
- Must be a Chinese native speaker and fluent in speaking, writing and reading English.
- Two to four years related experience, including at least two years of experience at the position of Restaurant Manager (Chinese Outlet)
- Operational management experience of a team in a Food & Beverage Outlet
- Experience with Excel, Word, Micros
- Must demonstrate an ability to use interpersonal styles and methods to accomplish goals through others. Requires skills to tell, sell or support staff and/or others as the situation requires
- Complete understanding and technical skills and knowledge in all aspect of Food handling and Beverage storage & making.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd March, 2016.
Go to next page for more job vacancies at InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG)