SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions, SAS helps customers at more than 70,000 sites improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Manager
- Responsible for contributing to the achievement of SAS’s strategic corporate and business unit objectives through the implementation of sales and marketing strategy within a defined region or industry.
- Responsible for achievement of total software revenue target and management business objectives (MBOs)
- Plans and implements growth plans for software, consulting services, and education services.
- Directs management of sales and sales support activities for staff members to implement growth plans and sales activities.
- Works in conjunction with the Strategic Pricing Group to negotiate contracts and bids.
- Formulate business plan to support the business development process.
- Determines equitable sales assignments.
- Responsible for timely and accurate forecasting (PTG) of software, consulting services, and education services.
- Ensures team alignment toward BASE sales approach and utilization of Orion, Account Plans and Opportunity Plan development.
- Develop and implement marketing, sales and business development plans to exceed target levels.
- Generate new business through strategic-based selling and managing relationships with key customers.
- Assigns appropriate sales goals and assignments to sales staff; determines optimal utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for communication with sales management team to coordinate account strategies.
- Responsible for hiring, directing and evaluating staff.
- Coordinates resources for specified sales methodology and promotes and reinforces BASE selling concepts. Note: If not BASE replace Solution with Strategic.
- Leads sales representatives in meeting goals in day-to-day performance.
- Interprets sales policies, advises sales executives in the handling of complicated sales and policy issues, and emphasizes the requirement for use of divisionally-adopted sales methodologies.
- Accurately forecasts new and renewal sales on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Hires and is very involved in early and on-going training of new sales executives.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or quantitative field.
- Minimum 8 (eight) years of experience in software sales, including 2 (two) years in a leadership role, coordinating and/or supervising technical projects within the technology industry.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully achieving a sales target
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles specifically in the hardware and software industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least three industries and/or market segments. Knowledge of corporate/government software or hardware acquisition cycles.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Customer and relationship focus
- Financial Results Focus
- Ability to innovate and drive innovation within the organization
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Structured decision making process
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to operationalize Strategy, and drive change within the organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply