Hilton Worldwide is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 4,200 hotels, resorts and timeshare properties comprising more than 690,000 rooms in 93 countries and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Apprentice Chef
Job ID: HOT02SFY
Employment Type: Full-time
- An Apprentice Chef with Transcorp Hilton Hotels is aimed to impact young persons interested in hospitality services with practical and theoretical culinary experience geared toward the development of skills and knowledge in local and international cuisines.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
- One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences.
- The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality.
- With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow’s savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
- If you understand the importance of upholding a brand’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts.
- Because it’s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What Will I Be Doing?
- An Apprentice Chef is required to undertake all reasonable duties as assigned by the Training Chef.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Acquire basic knowledge of food preparation and service of all food items for the hotel operations in all sections.
- Punctually attend all training courses and classes as directed.
- Write reports and notes on every training attained.
- Submit all assignment assigned by the HTA School before deadline.
- Check refrigerators and mis en place for future and next shift or days; make sure fridges are clean.
- Ensure hygiene of kitchen as well as sanitation is maintained to HACCP level
- Implement and comply with HACCP in the kitchen.
- Participate and assisting with outside catering.
- Run other special function as directed by his or her superior chefs.
What are we looking for?
- An Apprentice Chef serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Minimum of O’level certificate
- Fluent in English language
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints,
- Self motivation and a passion for food.
- High personal standards of hygiene
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings
What Benefits Will I Receive?
- Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement.
- As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners.
- We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online