International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
IMC seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position of Human Resources Manager for its Country Program. He/she will be based in Abuja and will work under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Director. He/she will manage and implement Human Resources (HR) strategy of IMC in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and coordinate HR operations of IMC, which include but not limited to recruitment, selection, placements, compensation, and staff retention
- Ensure that all HR operations align with applicable local labour laws.
- Ensure effective effort reporting and payroll management
- Responsible for advising Project Managers across the country program on HR policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, employee benefits etcetera
- Develops and maintains HR systems, processes and protocols that meets Senior Management Team (SMT) information and decision needs.
- Identifies legal requirements and government regulations affecting HR functions and practices, and ensures that internal policies and procedures are in compliance with all local legal framework.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation program to foster positive attitude toward agency’s goals.
- Keeps documented records of national staff benefits and non-benefits (e.g. insurance and pension records, hire procedures, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, vacation etc. )
- Advises management on specific issues on employee-employer relations as needed.
- Responds to internal and external inquiries regarding HR policies, procedures, and practices.
- Performs comparative salary and benefit surveys as required by SMT
- Ensure that agency-wide performance review processes are done in line with the policy of the organisation
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and ensures smooth transition following disengagements.
- Manages engagement processes of local consultants
- Periodically update HR Management software
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor
Education / Experience
- Masters degree or Professional HR certification in Human Resources Management is mandatory
- 3 to 5 years of HR experience within international NGO or within structured private sector institution, at least 2 years must be at Management level *Ability to use HR Management software is desirable
- Computer literacy is mandatory
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV & cover letter demonstrating suitability for the announced position, Addresses, including telephone and email contacts of at least three referees must be included in CV’s.
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Officer, International Medical Corps via the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interested candidates should state “Human Resources Manager” as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Ms Word File.